Within Community Senior Life we are committed to offering unsurpassed Dementia and Alzheimer’s care for our residents and patients.
Dementia Care for Residents
At Homestead Village of Pensacola, we offer a specialized Alzheimer’s and Dementia care program. In our specially-designed, memory care buildings we practice successful dementia-care practices and rapidly adapt to and implement new therapies used to treat dementia. The Homestead Village personal care programs are supported by 24-hour-a-day trained staff with the option to be followed by an on-site geriatric nurse practitioner, physiatrist and physician. Our pharmacy provides ongoing drug-to-drug interaction reviews and drug-to-disease state reviews. The pharmacy also completes a drug review as part of our fall prevention program.
One of our goals is to place residents in a building where they can feel at home and comfortable with the other residents. Therefore, we have separate buildings for early stage dementia residents, middle stage dementia residents and late stage dementia residents. Each building has a small resident population consisting of 14 to 20 private rooms with private baths. Our flexible approach to daily activities contributes to a low stress, soothing atmosphere with caregivers present at all times. Amenities for Early, Middle & Late Stage Dementia Residents include:
- Private studio and room suites with private baths
- 24-Hour-a-day staffing, trained to care for residents with Dementia
- Safe and electronically secured building
- Three meals served daily in the dining room
- Medication management
- Assistance with bathing
- Assistance with dressing /grooming
- Assistance with incontinence hygiene
- Assistance with transferring and ambulating
- Housekeeping and flat-linen service
- Personal laundry service
- Specialized activity program including bus rides
- Beauty and Barber shop On-site
For more information on Dementia Care, visit Homestead Village of Pensacola.